Module B is the second of 3 Modules that together make up the full course entitled ‘Assertive Management Strategies for Parents (2-12 Years) – Gain without Pain!’ Although originally created to be part of the full course, it is equally valuable as a stand-alone course in its own right!
This is a realistic and straightforward parenting programme that is ‘non-judgemental’ and ‘strengths-based’ in its approach. It promotes the use of assertive management techniques and strategies and is designed for Parents, Carers and/or Professionals, with responsibility and/or a 'duty of care' for children in the 2 - 12 age range, who feel ready to benefit from developing new strategies.
In Module B, the focus is on 'Encouraging Good Behaviour' and comprises 3 specific strategies: Concrete Praise, Simple Clear Instructions and Consequences.
All of the strategies in the course are based on an Observe, Do, Review approach and come complete with individual Case Study examples to give you a clear idea of the type of information you might wish to record on the documents for yourself!
On completion of the course there is a certificate available for participants to print off which should also serve to remind them of the gains that they have achieved as a result of their commitment and endeavours.
From a solution-focussed perspective, Lyn delivers empathic personal coaching as well as dynamic and credible strategies, resulting in a teaching and learning experience which is both manageable and effective. Strategies can be practised as many times as wished or needed, to master the skills presented, at the participant’s own pace. As participants succeed at mastering the strategies over time, they will also achieve a greater sense of control, direction and satisfaction.
Lyn is passionate and dedicated to her work. Above all else, her aim is to both offer and continue to offer Parents, Carers and/or Professionals alike the opportunity to secure the best possible outcomes. With this in mind there may be future additions to the course content over time. Once participants have enrolled, they will have lifetime access to the course and materials, including any future additions.
BRILLIANT FOR PARENTS, CARERS and/or PROFESSIONALS WHO:
- need a ‘Gain without Pain’ approach to achieving positive change
- desire positive, yet realistic and sustainable change
- want to achieve a greater feeling of control, direction and satisfaction
- want to increase self-belief, confidence and resilience
- may have experienced setbacks and require additional support
- want to understand the child’s behaviour and/or outbursts
- want to cope with and respond more effectively to the child’s behaviour and/or outbursts
- want to achieve a better relationship with the child
- want to respond in a way that sets a good example for others to adopt or follow
- want to feel more confident when they attend school or other meetings
- have difficulty in accessing support that is only available or delivered outside the home
- need support that fits with potential time or other limitations
- would benefit from individual support that can be completed at their own pace
- have a child that doesn't meet ‘thresholds’ for certain agencies or services
Self-care is promoted throughout, as are assertive behaviour management techniques and an understanding of what it means to have ‘realistic expectations.’
THE MAIN AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THIS COURSE ARE TO:
- empower Parents, Carers and/or Professionals
- promote change and positive gain while decreasing the likelihood of pain as a result of conflict
- teach concrete ideas and strategies that make a real and practical difference to everyday life
- decrease stress, through use of assertive management strategies, whilst increasing the well-being of the family as a whole
BY THE END OF THE COURSE PARTICIPANTS WILL HAVE GAINED AN INCREASED ABILITY TO:
- establish and exert their authority over the child from an approach of positive gain, less pain
- set limits consistently and enforce discipline while avoiding increased conflict
- resolve disagreements and conflicts constructively with far fewer power struggles
- recognise and adapt current parenting habits that may weaken their relationship with the child
- practise alternative strategies for managing problem behaviours
- Use a range of communication styles to good effect
- create conditions for open and honest communication to promote and build trust with the child
- build an atmosphere of harmony rather than one of conflict
- help the child to accept responsibility for his/her feelings and behaviours
- nurture and strengthen their relationship with the child
- reflect, without judgement, on their self-awareness, confidence and self-belief
- recognise the influence and importance of managing their emotional states in respect of their dealings with the child
1) Technology: The ability to use a PC at a beginner level
- Internet access to view and download on-line course materials
- PDF reader and viewer software, to access course documents
- A printer, (optional), for printing course materials
- A proactive desire to invest in yourself, the child and the family
- A wish to act on the opportunity to ‘get it right’ more of the time
- A gut or heart-based instinct that ‘now’ is the time to seek support
- A willingness to tap into expertise and ‘know-how’ to make gains
- A determination not to allow time or other limitations to hold you back from making the gains you want
- A willingness to put into practice what you learn
- A readiness to work towards being the best version of your current self
- A commitment to a) ALLOW yourself the space/time to learn and practise in order for gains to happen, to b) ACCEPT that gains are possible for you and to c) BELIEVE that you can succeed in making the gains you want as a result of your endeavours.
3) Time Investment
Each of the videos for the individual strategies are typically 15-20 minutes, the content of which can be re-visited, practised (with the aid of the relevant supporting documents) and implemented at a pace to suit you
4) Financial Investment
Apart from the initial course fee, there are no specific books or articles that must be purchased or read by those who enrol.
There is, however, a Suggested Reading List and it includes a range of books which the Tutor and Parents, Carers and/or Professionals have found helpful in covering the topics included in the course outline. RedKite Coaching Solutions has no affiliations to any of the authors/publishers of suggested materials.
If you are less than fully satisfied with this course, you can claim a full refund within 30 days of purchase.
Music by Sam Childs (Dyslexic), Film & Sound by Aleksi Makinen (ADHD)
© 2020 Lyn Oualah, RedKite Coaching Solutions
An Overview of Module B
Strategy B1 - Concrete Praise
B1 Observe Concrete Praise Strategy ABC Tally Sheet
B1 Case Study Observe Concrete Praise Strategy ABC Tally Sheet
B1 Do Concrete Praise Strategy Instruction Sheet
B1 Case Study Do Concrete Praise Strategy Practice Activity
B1 Case Study Do Concrete Praise Strategy
B1 Case Study Do Concrete Praise Strategy
B1 Case Study Review Reflection Log for the Concrete Praise Strategy
Strategy B2 - Simple, Clear Instructions
B2 Observe Simple Clear Instructions Strategy Frequency Tally Sheet
B2 Case Study Observe Simple Clear Instructions Strategy Frequency Tally Sheet
B2 Do Simple Clear Instructions Strategy Instruction Sheet
B2 Case Study Do Simple Clear Instructions Strategy Frequency Tally Sheet
Case Study Do Simple Clear Instructions Strategy Practice Activity
B2 Case Study Do Simple Clear Instructions Strategy Practice Activity
B2 Review Reflection Log for Simple Clear Instructions Strategy
B2 Case Study Review Reflection Log for Simple Clear Instructions Strategy
B3 Observe Consequences Strategy ABC Tally Sheet-1
B3 Case Study Observe Consequences ABC StrategyTally Sheet
B3 Do Consequences Strategy Instruction Sheet
B3 Case Study Do Consequences Strategy
B3 Do Consequences Strategy Planning Template
B3 Case Study Do Consequences Strategy Planning Template
B3 Review Reflection Log for Consequences Strategy
B3 Case Study Review Reflection Log for Consequences Strategy
Certificate of Completion - Module B: Encouraging Good Behaviour
End of Course Survey